Monday, March 30, 2009

New Optics have Arrived

I received the new optics for the CO2 laser yesterday and am anxious to try them out. I still have to finish some lathe work on the last mirror insulator and caps. Here is a photo of the new optics. I ordered them from Bruce Sunderland at (www.designreasearchoptics.com) who was very helpful with hobbiest like me who are just playing around with this kind of stuff.

I have also finished the second laser head today, I am impressed how well it turned out. Every one I make turns out a little better and quicker than the first.

I also finished the mirror insulator, I still had to take the OD down a bit and insert the mirror mount o-ring. I chose a 1/8″x1″OD o-ring for this and counter sunk it so it won’t fall out like my last design. The mirror insulators fit to the electrode heads very well and seem like they might maintain their alignment. I really won’t be able to tell until I actually get this thing to work and try removing and replacing the head… I’ll hope for the best tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment