Monday, March 30, 2009

New CO2 Design

Friday, September 26th, 2008

I just stopped by the pipe place today and picked up all the couplings I need. I also picked up all the tubing as well. Next time I go to work on a plasma table I will cut up the blocks i need for the mounts and start machining them. This project has been on the back burner for a while due to money and life getting in the way but I will get it done one day. My final plan is to have it run for an entire day without over heating or loosing mirror alignment. Then mount it to a CNC table. I have been collecting parts for my CNC table, drew up some plans and have a few controllers lying around which will work great for this….. One Day…..

On a side note I tried adding a little extra CO2 to the mix and the increase in power was noticable. I was removing the gas line and sticking it into a CO2 bottle quickly so I know I was most likely sucking in O2 & N2 at the same time. If I actually properly increase the mix I can just imagine the power I will get…. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment